Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tomorrow's Ride

Plans for a group ride to Creemore have fallen through, but I'm going to take Niles on my favourite ride tomorrow: from the Oakville GO station to Acton and back (route courtesy Randonneurs Ontario). I'm a bit apprehensive about all the climbing and descending that this route involves (twice up and twice down the Escarpment), but: (a) it's such a nice route, especially with the leaves turning colour; and, (b) there is just no way I would ride any of my other bikes in this honeymoon phase. And [(c)] Niles needs a really complete test-ride, and [(d)] I am curious to see if it's possible to climb really steep, long ascents in my 42x15. If not, I'll walk him up; and if descending is too frighteningly fast, I'll ride the brakes.

I have been eating heartily in preparation for this trip. Turkey will be fuelling my endeavour.

No comments: