Friday, August 29, 2008

Finish Filing, Days 2-6: Lug Filing is Tedious

... and not especially riveting material for blogging. Between other tasks, I've been filing away for the past week, doing my best to get things nice and even and smooth. It's very difficult to know when "enough is enough" and just to be happy with things. For example, things look very nice now, but the lower headlug is thinner than the upper headlug. So I suppose, perfectionist that I am, I'll keep going until things match perfectly. Oh dear.

In other news, it looks like I'll be getting my very own headbadge. Suzanne Carlsen will be doing it, and I'm very excited about it. It will be the bell/top shape with no writing on it, and made from stainless steel.

As for the paint, that will be handled by Velocolour here in Toronto. Noah Rosen, the owner/painter, is a very nice man and a really excellent painter. I presume he will be recieving my bike next week.

Now, back to filing...

No comments: