Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back in Toronto

Yesterday morning, Dan and I woke up early, got some breakfast, packed our things, and were on the train at 11.00. Doug drove us to the train station and gave me decal and filing tips while we waited for the train to arrive. The education process never ends!

We had to fight with the Amtrak people a little to get them to let us on the train with our bikes. Finally the "we need to get home" argument won out. Twelve hours later and with a train switch in Windsor, my bike and I were home.

This morning I unpacked and put some of the components on just to see what it will all look like. I'm very excited! I'm a little worried about bottom bracket drop still -- but it looks like I've left lots of clearance for 700x32s, so I don't think it will be an issue. My original desired BB drop of 75mm was for 25s. 83mm is even a bit high for 32s.

My immediate challenge is to get files and find a work bench to use. I'll work on that and keep reporting...

3 comments:

Dave Wages said...

I see the dropouts arrived in time, looks like you had an eventful couple weeks. Enjoy the new ride.

systemBuilder said...

Can you share the decal hints with us? I am currently looking for a bureau that will do small runs of decals. thanx.

AH said...

The hints were mostly about placement (make them face up a bit, not directly at the side of the bike), though Doug did say he knows of a place in Berrien Springs, MI that does one-off decal runs. I haven't yet found a local source of my own...